- Environmental Health
- Flu Facts
Graham County Department of Public Health
Healthy Carolinians of Graham County
Healthy Carolinians is a community group working to improve the health of the citizens of Graham County. The group has two focus areas for improving health.
Priority areas are decreasing obesity and diabetes, increasing physical activity and healthy eating. Some current actions of this group include
- Working to build a playground for community use.
- Establishing Diabetes Education programs in the county.
- Complete a Master Recreation Plan.
- Securing funding to continue past programs such as Girls on the Run.
- Support the Knights of the Round Table (4-H Youth Leadership Group) in Health Rocks and Healthy Eating Classes.
Access to Health Care
The goal of this group is to improve access to primary care and after-hours care for preventive health, acute illness, substance abuse and chronic illness. Some current action of this group include
- Establishing a ½-day Free Clinic for the uninsured.
- Welcoming Sylva Pediatric Associates into Graham County one day per week.
To become a part of this group, contact
Kristen Shuler, RN
Phone: 828-479-7900 ext 2614
21 South Main Street
Robbinsville, NC 28771