- Environmental Health
- Flu Facts
Graham County Department of Public Health
Smart Start is North Carolina’s nationally recognized early childhood initiative designed to ensure that all children are healthy and prepared to succeed when they enter kindergarten. Smart Start funds a Child Care Health Consultant position through the health department to assist child care providers with any health and safety issues.
Some of the services they can provide are:
- Assisting caregivers in writing policies and procedures to support health and safety practices
- Reviews immunization records and establishes health care plans for children with special needs.
- Connects caregivers and families with community health care resources and experts.
- Provides training for child care staff.
- Provides health education programs for children in child care.
- Performs dental screenings and fluoride applications to children ages 1 through 5 years of age.
- The Smart Start nurse uses the MTI photoscreener to detect vision problems. She also does hearing and development screenings and recommends follow-up care where needed.
For more information please contact:
Mandy Adams, RN
21 South Main Street
Robbinsville, NC 28771
Phone: 828-479-7900 ext. 2615